Associate – Investment Operations
Freestone is an independent wealth advisor to select high net worth families and institutions with over $4.8 billion under management and offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Santa Barbara. We provide a personalized experience combining rational, intelligent advice and sophisticated investment strategies.
About the position
Freestone is hiring a full-time Operations Associate to join its investment team. The Associate will fill a general junior operational role across Freestone’s investment platform, supporting the team’s Portfolio Managers, Investment Associates, Operational Due Diligence, and our Founder and Chief Investment Officer. This role will primarily execute the ongoing business responsibilities that support our team’s initiatives, and will not be responsible for direct investment analysis.
- Operations Execution: Ensure operational best practices through strong project management skills with direct responsibility for weekly, monthly, and quarterly deliverables
- Marketing: Create recurring internal and external investment team materials, such as:
- Marketing presentations for current and prospective clients;
- Monthly firm-wide updates on investment performance and macro-economic trends;
- Monthly Investment Committee packages and minutes;
- Monthly reporting to the alternative funds’ banking partners;
- Quarterly and annual investment update letters to clients; and
- Internal and external thought pieces and white papers on financial markets and investment trends
- Software Management: Administer and continue to expand the team’s utilization of investment management software, primarily through Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Morningstar, and Backstop
- Research: Manage the team’s library of research resources, identifying key insights for the broader team
- Special Projects: Perform any such duty as necessary to support Freestone’s investment program
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field, although we will consider exceptional graduating seniors
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects independently and readiness to assume a high level of responsibility
- Proficiency multi-tasking and working across teams even when deadlines are tight and pressure is high
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Well-rounded academic background complemented with strong performance and challenging course selection
- Comfort receiving direct feedback in real-time
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative solutions
- Proficiency working with various technology providers and the Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- A basic understanding of public market investments and alternative asset management is preferred
- Competitive salary, bonus, and excellent benefits package
- A bright and open downtown office with an unrivaled view of Seattle
- Energetic and engaging work atmosphere
- Catered lunches (M-Th)
Freestone is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be recruited and, if applicable, selected and employed without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, ancestry, disability, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Sign up to receive our latest news sent to your inbox.